Pages

Saturday, July 16, 2011

So excited!!

 Finished the edging lace last night and was excited about starting the lace border. I decided to go for the larger version after reading others say that their shawl turned out too small and I have enough yarn for the large so might as well use it. I had originally planned to knit the medium size. It took me a while to decide on whether or not to use a solid natural yarn for the lace border or the noro that I plan to use for the striped portion and as much as I like how the creamy color looks in the lace pattern I'm going to use the noro. I haven't been excited about knitting anything for a while, but this pattern has renewed my excitement for knitting again. I think I found my knitting mojo again! Thanks to ravelry I also found the perfect sock pattern for my schoppel-wool crazy zauberball yarn. It is the Burning Stripes sock pattern by Susan Luni. I just love the heal and hope to cast these on in the next couple of days and a carry-a-long project.
Last week on our way to the store we had to turn around because a little playground in the neighborhood was on fire...I felt bad seeing this because it seemed to be deliberately set and there are not very many playgrounds for the kids in this area. Now there is one less.

No comments: