Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

crazy knitting

 MMMM did I tell you this week is bread week at Cordon Bleu culinary institute? I don't know which was better or worse.. last week was pastry week. Need I say more.
 On to projects of the day. I have been knitting like crazy this week on both my shawl and holiday gift projects. I fell in love with this scarf on ravelry and wanted to start on it as soon as the pattern came out... foraged around in my stash and found lots of Patons Classic wool merino in all different colors left over from other projects. The pattern is called Simple Sprinkle found on this blog. Once I cast on I was unable to stop knitting. The pattern has this addictive quality to it. I have also been working on my Holden shawlette and I'm almost to the lace part. I can't wait to start the lace.
Yesterday was Tuesday and once again I headed down to Four Purls knit shop for a fun evening of knitting with like minded ladies. Everyone in the room was  working of such beautiful projects. Again there was wine and good chatter and of course lots of yarn to gaze at while knitting and my little mind was swimming in ideas for another Simple Sprinkle scarf and trying to mentally match projects on my queue with all the yarns stuffed in all the shelves. I found the yarn below on sale in perfect colors for another scarf. It is a little lighter weight then the yarn I'm using now but I think going down one needle size will work. I also splurged and bought Berroco Remix for a cardigan on my queue that I fell in love with. Looking at the instructions, it looks a little daunting, but I'll worry about that when I cast on and work it out.

 Another picture of my favorite project of the day. (^_^)

No comments: