Pages

Thursday, August 30, 2012

the new and the old..

 I unexpectedly had 3 days off in a row this week. At first I was depressed for loosing a shift but then I decided to turn it into a mini vacation. The first day I did all my laundry and cleaned the kitchen. Then later in the day I went to a lovely yarn shop with my knitting friend and sat and knit the evening away with a big group of ladies all working on something beautiful and interesting. This took place at Four Purls Yarn shop in Winter Haven Florida. I love that little shop. Of course I was surrounded by so much yarn!! This rich red cotton yarn by Cascade decided it wanted to go home with me. It's the Ultrapima fine. I'm actually going to make a hat with it.

 Yes another picture of rain. This was the day of tropical storm Issac taken in between the bands of rain. We just got rain and a little wind in this area. 
At the knitting group I started a new project, one of two I started this week. I was going to make another Andrea's Shawl but started to not like working on the edging forever and just happened to see the Holden Shawlette on ravelry and decided to make that instead. Lately I just feel like knitting with out having to worry too much about intricate patterns and so I frogged Andrea's shawl and I'm using the yarn for the Holden Shawlette. This is the shawl that inspired me to change my mind. (Ravelry link) So not much progress yet on this...

 A look at the pile of projects I'm working on today. I need to sew up the seams on my penguin socks and get them finished and finish a crochet scarf (one of 3 that I'm working on) and if I finish all that I will knit a little on the Holden shawlette and...
 work on these socks that I also started from the sock flat. These are actually my take along project.
 I forgot about day two of my mini vacation. I spent the day at Epcot with my daughter and grandson.. he makes an awesome viking.. hehe .. kind of reminds me of skyrim. I did take my socks along with me and knit while waiting in the lines.
And that leaves today.. the third day. I set that aside for working on projects and blogging, which I'm going to do right now. (^_^)


No comments: