Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

On vacation!!

 This is the reason I haven't blogged in awhile. I was running around getting ready to go on a beautiful vacation with my sister to the Cayman Islands. I was in paradise for 5 days!. It was so lovely that I only knitted about 5 rows while I was there. Most of my knitting was done on the plane ride to and from the islands. All I can say is that this was the most beautiful place I have ever visited. The ocean was so clear and warm, the people so friendly and helpful. We took the public bus everywhere and walked. The only sad part was leaving.... Thank you to my wonderful sister for this out of this world vacation that I will remember forever!!


 Knitting of the week.. I finished one more dishcloth. This might be my last one for now.
 WIPS.. Top to bottom... #28 lace leaf sweater. All the knitting is finished and I'm attaching the sleeves. The sleeves are a bit small so I'm going to add a gusset under the arms. I've done this before and it works out nicely. 
The red sweater is a top down 100% Egyptian cotton. The pattern is called Elisa. You can find it on ravlely. 
The white sweater is a top down bamboo. The pattern is Stephanie Japel's One skein wonder also found on ravelry and craftster. I want to change the edging on this one to a rib lace and have been looking for just the right one to give it a lighter airy look. 

No comments: