Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

A nice day off

 Walking to Trader Joe's today we passed by these really pretty bell like flowers. The very pretty white tree from my last post has started to turn pink. I was a beautiful day out... on the cool side and nice and sunny.
 I decided to make a little log of all the sweaters I have recycled for yarn. This is temporary until I get a nice book or folder. So as of now I have recycled 12 1/2 sweaters. I still have one sitting on the couch in the works. I have been really surprised at how nice the yarn is from these sweaters. I even seemed  to find the colors I that I was looking for.

 Another recycled sweater finished. This is a linen/cotton blend.
 This sweater I actually finished last year and every time I try it on.. I take it off because it just doesn't look right. So I made a decision to rip the front sections back to look more like a cardi instead of a wrap sweater. It looks a lot better and I think I will actually wear it now. The front just didn't fall right and after trying many different ways to wear it, I think I found the answer.
I cast on this little Noro cowl with my Taiyo yarn. It is so soft and colorful. Just a pleasure to knit and so much fun to watch the colors form the pattern.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The flower is foxglove, from which digitalis is made.

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Thank you hlmauera. It is beautiful.