Pages

Monday, July 21, 2014

The Pacific Northwest is where I knit..


I haven't blogged in so long.. Family issues and other stresses made me require a little quiet time to think things out. In the mean time I went on a few day trips on my days off. The beach is really close to where I live, only a 10 minute drive. The little city of Edmonds is very pretty and sits right on the coast overlooking the ferry and ocean. The above picture is a pretty little shop in the city. Below is a field of flowers that  I walk past on my way to work. Believe it or not we have had no rain in over three weeks. There was a little drizzle last night so all the grass and flowers are starting to dry up. 

 These flowers are so unusual looking. I have no idea what they are and this is the first time I have seen them. Not quite a succulent even thought it looks like one.
 The beautiful Pacific Ocean.
 Another bus ride... where I get a lot of my knitting done these days.. Almost finished.
 My Saturday morning walk past the baseball field and this pretty field of flowers.
 Yes!! Finished! I still have to wash it and block it. It turned out just a little bit big for me even though it is the size small. I love it all the same. It's so soft and cozy. This was knit with recycled yarn from a Ralph Lauren size large sweater. There is enough yarn left over for a nice big scarf or another more fitted sweater.  Wool, acrylic, rabbit hair.. omy!
 And another finished project. I LOVE Noro yarn. If I had my way I would have a room full of it and would knit all my projects with it.... This chevron cowl was featured on the cover of the Noro Knitting Magazine issue 4. It only requires one skein of Noro Taiyo that I was able to find on sale. 
 Another day trip to Seattle with my son. We were in west district and visited a large Asian market. Our means of travel the awesome public transit. I have never seen so many buses.

 And of course.... lunch.. yumm my favorite.
 Next time we go I'm going to pay more attention to the architecture which is really pretty.  That is all for this post. I'm actually going to post another with all the info of my wip's for this month.

No comments: