Pages

Sunday, September 07, 2014

Yarn Shops!

 I know I haven't posted for awhile. One of the reasons was that I was working on the sweater above and progress was going pretty slow even though it was my only project.  After working on the sweater for a month, I'm not all that happy with how it is turning out so I put it down for a week to decide if I want to put more time into something I'm not 100% happy with. In the mean time... my son came home after three months of working back east and took me to two local yarn shops. I haven't been to a yarn shop in over a year so this was like a little bit of heaven. The first stop was Pacific fabrics and crafts. It is a fabric and yarn shop, a little bit of everything. I didn't purchase anything there but there was definitely some beautiful yarns that I have in mind for the future. 


 The second stop was Great Yarns and yes I did purchase yarn there and plan to make this my regular place to pick up yarns. They had almost every type of yarn that I love. Both yarn shops are on the same road a few miles from each other and I found out very easy to get to!
The first yarn that caught my eye in the shop was the yarn I ended up purchasing. It is by Universal Yarn and it is the Classic Shades Sequins Lite. I love the rich colors. They remind me of fall. I'm knitting the Lacy Entrelac Infinity scarf and I have actually knitted this before a few years ago. I loved how it turned out. This version will have sparkles!
I also started on my Christmas knitting list. This little crochet cardigan will be for my granddaughter. The yarn is recycled from a very large thrift store sweater and is very soft and very  pink. I think she will like it.

Washington state has been having a very long and very warm summer . Even today it is in the 80's which is really warm for this time of year. I know it wont last though and soon (like tomorrow) the weather is going to change and get cooler and rainy. Thinking ahead, I found this book at my now favorite place to buy books, Half Price Books. So many hats to choose from. I will be able to knit tons of hats for everyone on my list, including me.  Oh and of course more rubber bands. I made the grand kids a bunch of charms and bracelets. They each got one with their name on it.

 Little butterfly bracelet.
 Puppy pencil hugger.
Until next time. Hopefully now that I have started a few different projects I will post more often.

1 comment:

Delusional Knitter said...

I wonder if that Paradise Fibers is the same one I purchase from online. Love the puppy pencil hugger!!!