Pages

Saturday, November 29, 2008

The dreaded black Friday!!

Well I survied the last few days of retail frenzy.. and I don't use the word frenzy loosely..I had to work on Thanksgiving for a few hours in the evening.. and ended up not having any thanksgiving dinner because Rudy thought he would have the day off but ended up having to work the whole day.. so we never saw each other.. anyway all the Thanksgiving shoppers were in a jolly mood.. some even thanked me for working on Thanksgiving.. the doors of Michaels opened and there was a mad rush of customers coming through the doors.. headed towards the critcut cartridges where the swarm seemed to settle..and hover.. no one could beat Michaels price of $29.99...So many happy customers...
Well .. I went to sleep with happy thoughts.. my alarm went off at 4:15am.. rushed off to Michaels again... the dreaded black friday... no mad rush just a steady flow of people... today no happy people..just a few maybe.. even some rude people...( maybe they didn't get to have turkey on Thanksgiving dinner either)..I had some customers come to my register from the UK and said..."may I ask what Thanksgiving day is.. is it a discount shopping day ... so I had to explain about the pilgrams and such.. and they looked even more confused ... and were happy about the sales and good prices anyway..

So the day went on.. my shift was over.. I finally met Rudy and we
finally went and ate our Turkey dinner.. it tasted just as good.. maybe better..(I could sure go for some more turkey and all the fixings again today!!).. We had a little time to kill before I had to be at DSW .. so we did some black Friday shopping too.. not much.. here is my damage..!! 3 sweaters and a new pair of comfy shoes..
















I dont know why but this picture keeps loading sideways.. anyway here is a little black Friday knitting... my chococate hat and my new comfy shoes... today I get to finish up the hat.. add some ears and eyes.. hopefully later w will get some times to go and look at all the gingerbread houses and the chocolate villages at some of the disney hotels near downtown disney..(^-^).. just the smell is worth the visit..!!!..(Did I tell you I love my new shoes!!)

2 comments:

natureboy said...

I'm glad you got to have turkey and some relaxing after all those shoppers. I bet some Brits on't even know we were a colony once.
Love those shoes Adrienne.
Love, rich

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Thanks Rich. My new shoes are real comfy..j!!