Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

more fiber fun!!

 This month I have been concentrating on spring cleaning and reorganizing. I do a little each time I have a day off and in between all that I have been making some batts, and finishing projects. My progress has been pretty slow this week because my car is being fixed again and we are sharing one car with two different schedules which means less time at home and more time in the car driving and waiting. I have been toting my crochet with me and get a few minutes here and there to work on it. Sadly not enough time and I think I have only completed one pattern repeat this week. It's a good thing I gave myself a lot of time to complete this project. I think I'm going to need it. Anyway this pretty batt is listed in my etsy shop. I made one extra just for me. It was too tempting. I can't wait to see what it is going to look like spun into yarn. I'm still practicing core spinning. I would like to get to the point where it looks a little more smooth and uniform before I attempt some of the prettier batts.
 I guess these are pretty old. So old I don't even remember where I got them from. Possibly at a garage sale but not sure. I do remember they were pretty inexpensive. I wonder how old they are. Some are silk and rayon and one is just rayon, all say hand knitting. Humm interesting.

No comments: