Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

wip update

 The penguin socks are slowly coming along. Both heals are turned and and I'm a few inches away from the toe. Right now I'm just knitting in the round... the easy part. These socks are unusual because of the seam on the leg only. After I finish knitting I will have to sew up the seams and embroider the eyes. In the photo right below is my Ginkgo shawl. This is the first time I knit a shawl with my hand spun yarn. There wasn't a lot of yardage so this is more of a shawlette. I added beads to  the last three repeats of the lace pattern and as of a few minutes ago completed the lace chart and the beading.  I have one row to finish with a larger needle and then the bind off. I hope to finish this tonight because I have plans to start another little shawl asap. Last year some time I had knit the Andrea's shawl. I bought a special yarn just to knit the shawl and I really liked the color. Well to make a long story short.. the color I loved never ended up being in the shawl and I still have half a ball left with the color I love still sitting there. I purchased a pretty natural color skein of Berrocos Ultra Alpaca ( in the photo below) to knit another Andrea's shawl in the color that I love. The first Andrea's shawl has been gifted away to someone that loves it and I know she will use it. Can't wait to start. I was thinking of knitting this for the Ravelympics, but I know that I have never completed a shawl no matter what size in less than a month. So I will start knitting this maybe later tonight.. (^_^)

More photos of my daughters new apartment. She is in the midst of repainting her kitchen table. It used to be all black. I think it looks beautiful in red!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love the penguin socks!

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

thanks Bonnie. I still have a way to go. They are my traveling project.