Pages

Friday, November 09, 2012

Just for Abby

 I finally got back to my Christmas knitting list and spent two days working on this little cardigan.. and... added it to the list of finished projects. Abby had asked for a pink sweater with a blue heart. I had this yarn on hand and it is sort of in the pink family. I hope she likes it. I just have to wash it and block out the cables a little.
 If feels like I haven't worked on my projects for such a long time. I worked on Simple Sprinkle #2 a little also and decided to not use the orange any longer and changed it out for a bright royal blue. I felt the orange next to the dark charcoal would look like I was knitting a halloween scarf. The ladies at my knitting group felt the same. The last time I was at the knitting shop I just happened to see one pretty bright blue ball of yarn and picked it up. My subconsciousness mind was thinking ahead. I like it much better. 
 See!!! I have been working on these socks a little each day and I actually started the heal, but then I saw a little bump in the  short rows and.... in the knit 3tog I had missed one tiny stitch and I have to rip it back. I hope I just have to rip it back to the dropped stitch and not the whole heal. All the wrap stitches can be a bit confusing when trying to put them back on the needles. Wish me luck. The holidays seem to be coming up really fast and for some reason I don't seem to have many items finished yet. Might be time for the super duper knitting machine to come to the rescue!

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very cute sweater!

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Thanks. It's a fun knit. I might have to make another one.