Pages

Thursday, December 13, 2012

It's been very long...

Hello again.. yes it has been very long... I have been working on holiday projects and slowly plugging along on my chunky crochet cowl/scarves for my etsy shop. Unfortunately I now have to link my pictures. This is the first time I do this so this post is kind of like a test. Hope it works ok.
First on the list was a trip to my favorite yarn shop, Four Purls in Winter Haven where I picked up this handsome skein of malabrigo yarn which will be, sometime before Christmas, a mulitdirectional diagonal scarf.
Also in the works is this little hoodie for Cameron. He wanted a blue monster sweater. I'm going to make a little monster face on the back of the hood. This is the project I'm working on today. I have been sick on and off for over a week.. it started as one thing.. I started getting better... came in contact with a very sick shopper and then got something new on top of what I had. Now I am slowly getting better. So projects have been going a bit slow because of my need for rest in between all the regular laundry and house cleaning and Christmas stuff.
For finished projects.. this is what I have finished this week.. the Simple sprinkle #2. This scarf looks different at different angles. I also used a different yarn for this one and it turned out very soft and stretchy. The yarn is Merino Blend dk by King Cole.. and.. it is a superwash. Yay for easy care. I have some on hold at the yarn shop for a third scarf! You can see all of these projects on my ravelry project page too.

Other happenings since I last posted.. Jayden had a birthday and turned 6 and Micah turned 2 six days later. We celebrated Thanksgiving and my son in law cooked a wonderful dinner and pies!!.. This week was my knitting group Christmas party which was really fun... yummy food and games and presents.. what more could  you want. (^_^)

No comments: