Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Recycle that yarn!

 Knitting on the bus on the way home. I actually get quite a bit of knitting done on my trip to and from work. This is a large lace shrug that I'm knitting with yarn I recycled from a Ralph Lauren sweater. I love the yarn. It's really soft and light due to the little bit of angora in it.
 Spent time today unraveling more sweaters. This sweater had a Cherokee label inside. It's the first acrylic sweater I decided to recycle only because of the color and the condition of it. I'm glad I decided to buy it. I was able to unravel every bit of yarn from this sweater with the only wasted yarn being the yarn and tread that was used to sew it together. I think I can make one giant wrap sweater with this or two smaller sweaters. Great find at the thrift store.
 Up to date... all the yarn from the sweaters I have been unraveling. Yarn from one sweater is missing. Right now I have enough yarn to make 7 nice size sweaters. woo hoo!!
 My first finished recycled sweater. Finished this today. Has lovely drape and will be perfect in the summer here over a tee-shirt. Yay!!



Here is the yarn that was missing from the pile of yarn in the previous picture. This is a Bass sweater 55% Ramie and 45% cotton. I love the color of this one and I think I will make a short sleeve cardigan with this. The pattern is already on my ravelry queue. (^_^)

2 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful sweater, that's one of my favorite lace patterns. I still can't believe the awesome finds you have with all these recycled sweaters!!

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

I know.. I just recently got two more sweaters half price. One is cashmere blend too!!