Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

pRoJeCts oF tHE dAy...mAy 31

Just a few more row's left do complete the border of my linen shrug. I have to decide how big I want the ruffle to be. I tried it on and it fits just right and had a nice feel to it even though it hasn't been washed yet. Supposedly it will soften up a lot after a couple of washings.

















One corner is finished on the border and I'm just about ready to work on the next corner then down the the second long side.. not too much more to do.. that gives me 2 projects close to completion. yay!!
















Which means .. of course I'm planning new ones. I have made a pair of these socks not too long ago and really liked the pattern.. I just didn't care for the yarn I used and wanted to make a pair with nicer yarn. (I really need to stay away from the yarn shops) any way I bought one skein of Louet Gems in the soft champagne color ..100% merino wool.. and it's machine washable and dryable.. This is the sport weight...I need to read the fine print on yarn labels more often. I looked at most of the sock yarns in my stash and all but one are machine washable... they do not say superwash wool though.. but they do say non felting.. I just assumed that the 100% wool sock yarns were not machine washable... well being able to machine wash your hand knit socks is a plus..

















Yes... I had a birthday.. and my bf surprised me with this pretty pink Pooka cake. ( NO I'm not 1.. heheh).. he forgot to get the candles and that was the only candle in the house. It's the thought that counts right?!.. any way it was very yummy.. and..

















birthday presents from my lovely daughter Brooke. woohoo!! Stefanie Japels fitted knits.. a starfish candy dish ( I think) and dish towels.. Thank you!! <3















2 comments:

Knitelly said...

Oh, happy, happy belated birthday.

Found your blog via the VLT KAL a few weeks ago after you finished the first shawl, and have been following the current shawl's progress. Can't wait to see the finished object.

Elly

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

OOO Thanks!!