Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2008

**aT thE FaiR **


NYGK had a demonstration day at the Central Florida fair Saturday.. Basically to inform and teach people about knitting.. It was a fun day of knitting , sharing and of course fair food and some activities. Group members displayed their lovely hand knit items and some of us entered our hand knits to be judged...














and yes there were many ribbons.. First place was a amazing beaded knit lace wedding dress.. Can you even imagine that. It also won best of show.. sigh.. I had one complaint though.. it wasn't displayed very well.. I never did get to see what it looked like.. just that it was lace and beaded and looked gorgeous. I won a second place ribbon for my mohair lace shawl. (^_^)















honorable mention for my composed mitts..














and a first place for my lace rainy day socks.















Megan won second for her R2D2 hat...there were many more.. way to go Florida knitters.. I found it hard to tell what items were in which categories as they were displayed so close together... but all in all it was a fun day at the fair..

No comments: