Pages

Monday, March 09, 2009

Jayne Cobb hat week..!!

This is what a week of knitting Jayne Cobb hats will get you..I started out with yarn I had from left over projects.. that hat came out a little small so I bought some lion brand wool ease thick and quick. I used a size 10 1/2 needle and cast on 64 stitches and completed the hat as directed in the pattern.. I only picked up 18 stitches for the ear flaps...This hat came out just a little over sized but good for man.. It was also a little stiff or dense... For that last hat I tried size 11 needles and only cast on 54 stitches. I also only picked up 16 stitches for the ear flaps. This is the hat I like the best.. it's just a little snugger than the other 2 hats and is a nicer fabric.. not as stiff... So.. what can you do with left over yarn in these colors ... well there seems to be just enough to make one more hat.. so that's what I'm doing.. I just don't want to have more left overs to add to the pile..


























No comments: