Pages

Saturday, January 23, 2010

A spinning story of sorts

This story starts with a blended batt made of wool, bamboo, tencel and angelina all carded on a new Ashford 2 speed carder.






Next the batt was spun on a louet S17 spinning wheel and ended up about a worsted weight yarn.





The total yardage from the batt was about 63 yards of yarn. Now what to do with it.






I then found this little pattern on ravelry for a Ribbed Neck Tube by Kate Korotky. The pattern was just perfect for this little skein of yarn. It probably could have be a little longer but this was a trial run for my batts to yarn to knit item. I needed to see for myself how the yarn knit up.


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

It looks incredibly soft!

Yuliana said...

That's really pretty!!
I would never have guessed the end result from the batt :)