Friday, June 03, 2011

project progress

 Yay.. a finished project. My Anthropologie-inspired capelet made for Abby who just turned 5 in May. It wasn't the original project that I started to make for her but time seemed to slip away and I was only half finished after a month and a half so I decided to make something that would knit up a little faster, which it did. My mods: worsted weight yarn, size 7 needles and I casted on 61 stitches. I also added a border on the bottom and the sleeves. I purchased some fabric the other day to make 2 sundresses that I will hopefully get to work on today. The patterns are vintage and I had originally made them for her mother long ago. So glad I didn't throw them away. I looked at the patterns at Joann's fabrics the last time I was there and was shocked at the price. I could just purchase a dress for the price of just  the pattern. That wouldn't even include the fabric and notions. The little buttons I picked up on sale a while ago and now found the perfect use for them .
This year I seem to be playing catch up. Below is a another capelet. This one is for Abby's mom who's birthday was May 31st. This is the progress after 3 days of knitting on and off. The yarn is a lighter weight then the pattern calls for and I'm using needles to match the yarn gauge and not the pattern gauge. I casted on more stitches and will do more increases and hopefully it will work out. The good thing is that my daughter is just about my size and I can gauge the size by how it fits me. I'm graduating the color from dark to light and will add the same lace border as I did for the childs version. I like that lace pattern because it is very easy and it matched the number of stitches that I ended up with.

4 comments:

örgüveyemek-gülşence said...

çok şirin olmuş

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

teşekkür ederim

Delusional Knitter said...

Beautiful sweater!

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Thanks DK!!