Pages

Thursday, December 08, 2011

check.. Finished Christmas knitting!!

 The first picture is of all the kiddy knits that I have finished so far. From left to right.. Hooded poncho, Kitty scarf, Wild thing hoodie, Batman hat and Brobee hoodie.
As far as adult knits (I still have more to finish!) first is the Entrelac infinity scarf and cable hat, Machine knit lace alpaca scarf, little foxy scarf, ( that's a present to myself) Stiller infinity scarf and Elf cobbler wrist warmers. All the girl stuff is done and I'm still working on all the boys stuff. The boys seem to be more picky than the girls this year making it harder to pick out stuff to knit for them or even to buy for them.
 The elf cobbler mitts are really cute. I put the final touches on them last night and I like them in the Lion Brand Amazing. I like to wash and lightly wet block all my knittied items and I think they will look nicer after that. I will definitely make them again probably after the holidays. 
Okay... I have been fighting with this sweater and hat ever since I started it. Not so much the sweater but the hat. I knit the sweater on the machine and did all the finishing, and then knitted the hat by hand. I had to rip the hat out once because I didn't like how it looked and went up a needle size.. then I didn't like how the bottom neck ribbing turned out and didn't know what to do with it. Finally I ripped out the bottom ribbing and re-knit it and then grafted it to the sweater. That was a project in it's self.. but it's finally finished and not too bad looking. It felt like some kind of Frankenstein sweater with all the grafting..kind of looks that way to me too. This will be for a 3 year old. Next I have to knit the little fuzzy tail which I will work on in a few minutes. Gezz only a couple weeks left for knitting.. !!

2 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Awesome! You've been very productive!

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Thanks.. I have!!