Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

still knitting.. (^_^)

 Christmas is over and I'm still finishing up a few little knitted items. For my coworkers I have been making some little cup cozies and I have a couple more to finish. I plan to finish these today and tomorrow. The last of the Christmas knitting is off the needles and blocking. I really could have finished this cowl before Christmas. I had plenty of time after work but I was tired and just kind of zoned out instead of knitting. Anyway it's finished now, all washed and drying. I'm not going to mail it right away because I decided to make a couple hats to send along with it. Might as well since this is late anyway. As of today I have nothing on my needles but will remedy that in about an hour. We are all going out to look for a long needed new couch. I'm so excited!! And of course I will have my "bring along knitting" with me.
 I think this is my favorite Christmas present so far. It's a mouse pad with Micah and Jayden's picture. I get to see them all day long now.
Here is the Cabled cowl. The pattern is from Lion Brand and they yarn is Knitpicks wool of the Andes tweed. A nice combo for a guy. This is a really fun pattern and I want to make it again with just a natural color yarn. To me cables always look the best in the natural color.

2 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That cup cozy is so cute - and of course, so is the mouse pad.

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Thanks Wanderingcatstudio. I plan on making some more as gifts!!