Pages

Sunday, February 05, 2012

what have I been doing??

 Another beautiful winter sunset. We are having a very warm and pleasant winter this year in Florida. The kind of winter that you like to spend outside for a change. I hear the northern states are also having a warmer than normal winter. The warmer weather has effected what I want to knit this year. I had some nice little sweaters on my list for winter knitting but seem to have gravitated towards knitting with cotton. Below is a picture of the Reading In Bed shrug I started a few days ago. I whipped the body up on the knitting machine in an afternoon and removed it from the knitting machine to hand knit the ribbing. I added a little picot bind off that just adds the right touch. I found this tutorial online. I have used this bind off before but didn't remember how to do it. It's pretty fun to do. What would I do without youtube. You should try it. Any way this is knit with a cotton that someone gave me a few years back and I have been saving for just the right project. The cotton has a pearlised finished and a nice drape. Perfect for this shrug and Florida weather. I'm loving this shrug.. perfect fit.. perfect weight.
 Some other things I have been doing... holding this little fellow on my lap...and baby sitting  the boys.
Trying out some new and simple breakfasts. Found this one on pinterest.com.

 Last of all .. this poor little sock has been neglected. I worked a little on the heal at my knitting meeting and then got side tracked on the shrug. I think we are going for a car ride today and of course I always bring knitting with me. I hope to finish the heal and start on the front strips.

No comments: