Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

WIP update

As you can see on the sock that is not complete, I ran out of yarn way before the toe. I counted all the rows and had the same amount of stitches on the needles for each sock so not sure what happened. I decided to complete the last strip with a different yarn with similar colors..( I looked online for another ball of the same yarn but I really do not want to spend another $10 plus shipping for a few inches of yarn) So there will be a little ugly spot on the front foot of the second sock. >.<.
Anyway I'm now up to the toe... FINALLY.. and hope to finish this tonight or tomorrow. Getting ready for the wedding was taking up a lot of my free time the last 2 weeks. Now that the wedding is over it's time to start making stuff for a baby shower next month for a co-worker. I plan to make a simple blanket in the colors that she picked out for her nursery and either some bibs or socks.. which ever I have time for. The baby will be born in May and in Florida that means it will already be hot.. to hot for sweaters and such. 

I hope that the next time I post these socks will be complete!!

2 comments:

Delusional Knitter said...

Those socks are really cool!!! Stinks to run out, but that part is usually in a shoe ... so my knitting coworker says.

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Thanks.. Hopefully the color difference wont show. These are a gift also. I hope she will still like them...