Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Knitting and other things

Steadily knitting away on holiday gifts. My grand kids call my every year and tell me what they want me to knit them for Christmas. This year Cam asked for blue mittens on a string. I decided to add a little cowl to that. I'm knitting it in the round and used a provincial cast on and will graft it together into a ring with the live stitches when finished. Abby asked for a pink hat with kitty ears. I also added a  little scarf to that with fluffy little pompoms that I purchased at Joanns. I still haven't shipped the rest of my knitting tools from Florida and I didn't want to purchase a pompom maker right now.
Little by little I'm starting to purchase needles and crochet hooks as I need them. I really like these as they are very much like the knit pick needles, but when you need a needles for a wip and do not want to wait a week for them to be shipped these are a good alternative. I was also able to use Joann coupons on them.
When taking a break from knitting and work I have started painting again. Yesterday we went to the art supply store and I purchased a fine little brush and a good quality white paint and was able to add the little boat to my painting today. I'm pleased with the outcome. We also picked up bundles of canvases and the prices were so good it was almost unbelievable. So There will be more paintings in the near future.
Everything is washed and all the ends are tucked in. They are laying out to dry. I still have to add the little fluffy pompoms to the ears on the hat. I think Abby will like it.
We took a little trip to Edmonds beach yesterday. I love the beach for some reason. Even thought it was pretty chilly with the wind, I was able to collect some shells for a glass jar I have on my table. My little fingers were frozen. The shells add to my room decor and paintings of the ocean.

No comments: