Pages

Friday, January 11, 2008

I had a few days off and was able to finish all my wips.. I then made this fluffy spriped hat with some left over yarn.. I modified the striped hat pattern from the book easy crocheted accessories by Carol Meldrum..It seems I have more left over yarn than new yarn.. time to whip up some beanies or something.. I need to use it all up.. and there is a whole lot of it.














I have wanted to make these mitts the moment I saw them in the fall 2007 issue of Interweave knits.. The pattern is Composed mitts and I'm using a cotton linen blend called queensland collection Cotolino .. instead of wool... I really love it.. I bought it on sale at my LYS but had only bought 5 balls and then realized I needed 6 balls.. the color that was missing was a bright aqua.. which there were 2 giant bags of.. and of course by the time I was able to get back there .. they were all gone.. so the only other color she had that went with what I had was a linen color .. which is the lightest color next to the yellow.. So.. when I started knitting I really didn't know which color to use in place of the aqua.. so this is what I ended up doing.. they looks totally different from what I thought they were going to look like.. but ... I like it..!!. well off to work for me.. (^_^)

No comments: