Pages

Wednesday, April 07, 2010

I see an end...

Yes... I'm still working on the Frozen Leaves shawl. I decided to bead the lace portion which ended up being very time consuming because I'm using a crochet hook to add each bead. But as of today I started the border with will also have beads. My ball of yarn has gotten pretty small and each row is eating up a lot of yarn now so I'm not sure how many more rows I will get out of it. I see the end of this project in the near future. Last night was my knitting group and we had a pleasant time as usual and I was able to knit about 2 rows. It's taking me almost an hour per row. Well maybe not that much but the beaded rows do take longer to knit than the purl rows.



Easter has come and gone. I love this picture of my daughter and her family on Easter.




Finally we are having Florida weather... someone is enjoying it. (^_^)

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Oooh - lots of beads! Can't wait to see it blocked.

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

I cant wait to finish it. I'm not sure how well the cotton will block.

CT said...

I love the beads! even if they ARE time consuming, they look fantastic!

Cotton blocks just fine. I usually use the help of my mom's steam genie (or whatchamacallit) and they look fantastic. It does tend to stretch if you wring it though! LOL!

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

OO thanks for the blocking advice CT I will use my little steam thingy to block it. (^_^)