Pages

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

to the needles!!

I know it has been a long time since the last post. I was overwhelmed by the comments on my shawl. Thank you everyone and thank you to my followers.. (^_^)
I started knitting the Jane Austen Dress from the Mason-Dixon Knitting outside the lines book quite a few days ago. It took me 3 days to cast on for some reason.. Weird. It took 3 days to knit almost the whole top and I was knitting before or after work. This will be for Abby. The yarn I picked is Camila from elann.com.. the color is chamois. That was the closest color to yellow I could find. Abby likes yellow now. I hope to finish the armhole and neckline trim today. Can you believe that I don't own a size 5 - 16 inch circular needle. I used to have one at one time but it seems to be hiding. For now I'm just going to use double pointed needles. The bf's car broke down and I let him use mine until the weekend when he can get his fixed so I'm home bound for the next 2 days. Lots of knitting time for me!! I was hoping that I would even get to start the little shrug that goes with the dress today.. and hunt around for some fabric. I used to quilt a lot and have a pretty intensive fabric stash which I would like to get rid of sometime in the near future. I am holding on to some of my favorites but I really do not plan on doing anymore quilting in this life time. So... to the needles I go!!!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

That's such a nice butter yellow color. It's going to be a lovely dress!