Pages

Monday, June 07, 2010

Home again...

Wow I have been home almost a week!! Where did the time go. I spent one day cleaning after my trip and then I worked 4 days. I was off yesterday and did some spring cleaning and organizing. I haven't touched my shawl since my flight back and I think I only knitted a couple of rows. I'm on the 5th repeat and maybe I'll work on it a little today. I had wanted to do the June KAL in the scary lace knitters on ravelry but I'm way behind. Also bluepeninsula just published a beautiful summer shawl that I would also like to knit. I better start knitting a little faster!!
I have been working on this crochet cardigan . I'm determined to finish it. I had to rip out quit a few times because of sizing issues. I seem to crochet some stitches way tighter than others so I had to keep ripping out and going up hook sizes. It still seems a little small so I added a few rows to the length. Now all that is left is the left from and the edging. My goal is to finished this today and be done with it. The last time I ripped this out I was talking to my parents and forgot where I was and ripped out way too much and had to re work more than I had planned. I think I could have crochet this about 3 times over already. It isn't a hard pattern but I'm not using the yarn used for the model and after I did the gauge it seemed to be right on the mark. But that was in double crochet not a chain mesh stitch. If I were ever to crochet this again I would just use the larger size crochet hook for the whole thing.


2 comments:

Peter L said...

Welcome home! It looks like you had a great trip. I always think I need to add a day or two at the end of vacation to regain strength (and catch up on sleep!).

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

I had a really late flight back and was delayed in denver for 2 hours. So by the time I got home it was almost 3 am. I don't think I would have made it to work the next day. And I did have a very nice time visiting with my Dad and family.