Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

lots of green!!

 I finished the the baby ripple blanket the other day.. now all that is left is tucking in the ends. My daughter said she would do half.. hehe. Anyway I started a Brobee baby hoodie for Micah who is now 9 months old. He loves Yo Gabba Gabba and every time he watches the show he smiles and jumps up and down. When I did my gauge swatch on size 8 needle it was measuring perfect but when I started knitting the actual sweater I think I started knitting tighter and it was way off gauge. The fabric was too firm and the sweater was coming out way to small. So I ripped and started again yesterday with a larger needle and its way better. Softer and bigger.
 So much green in this post.. I just noticed that. Years ago I threw a lot of wild flower seeds on the side of my house where the yard is right next to this little reserve and now there is a giant border of little wild flowers. I walk the dog in that area and yesterday there were  butterflies, big ones, little ones and all color butterflies flying from flower to flower. I took a picture of the biggest one.


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

All the green says summer and growing things to me. Beautiful butterfly!!!

Delusional Knitter said...

Its nice to see green ... soon we'll be seeing snow. Lovely projects and beautiful butterfly!!

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Florida is still very green and warm. but it is cooling off just a little so that you can hear birds again and see pretty butterflies.