Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Ok.. the Dahlia table is finished. The day I started painting the table I was a bit under the weather and felt tired and sicky and not very focused. So my pedal placement was off a bit and the next day I had developed a soar throat and painted anyway and added highlights to the wrong pedals. Then when I was feeling better I went back and tried to fix it a bit and this is the outcome. It is not exactly like I wanted to paint it but it's close enough. I feel its a bit messy. One coat of varnish really brought out the colors nicely though. I already know what my next painting project will be and will hopefully start that on my next day off.
The Brobee sweater is a little over the halfway point. As you can see I am up to knitting the sleeves. The pattern calls for knitting the sleeves flat 2 at a time, but I choose to knit them one at a time in the round. I tried the sweater on Micah and it's a good fit. Sorry to post the same pictures in this post as in the last.. next time there will be something new to look at. (^_^)