Pages

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Happy New Year!

 Happy New Year to everyone! The New Year celebration in my neighborhood was outstanding. Fireworks were going on for hours and then at midnight people yelling happy new year echoed along with horns and more fireworks. It was an awesome way to start the new year. I was baby sitting the little ones and they were sleeping at the time so I was able to sneak outside and enjoy the fireworks.
This new year brings a brand new sectional for the family room. A nice way to start the new year. Our old couch was really old and very used and we have needed a new one for quite awhile. Every time I had some extra money something would either need repair in the house or my car would need some major repair. So finally.. a new sectional. This fall I had painted some pictures for this room and repainted a large chest for the breakfast area, that would be to the right of this room if I had taken a picture of both rooms together. I never thought I would be able to get a sofa in the exact colors to match. The color is so perfect that you would think I got the furniture first and then painted the pictures and the chest. The next piece of furniture to be replaced will be the kitchen table and chairs which are equally as old and falling apart.

Wip of the week... I finished the Cabled cowl but had a whole ball of yarn left over so I decided to knit a hat. I saw this hat on ravelry and really liked the old world look of it. The pattern is called Peacock. Right now I am almost finished with the chart and then there will be another knit braid and the rest is knit is one color. I haven't decided if I will knit the solid part in the green tweed or the light tan. I'll have to see how much green yarn is left over.
 Tonight is my knitting group so hopefully I will get some knitting done. I'm anxious to move on to other projects at this point.
I have plans!!!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Congrats on the new sofa - the colors are perfect!

Happy New Year!

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Thank you Bonnie have a wonderful New Year also!!