Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

machine magic

I just felt inspired to whip up something on my knitting machine and in my basket was this beautiful yellow louet kid mohair and pure silk. I casted on 66 stitches with the crochet cast on and knit 2 rows with the silk and then 14 rows with the mohair until almost all the yarn was gone. I had enough of the silk to add a little crochet border at each end. I really like how this turned out. It was very simple but so soft and has a wonderful drape and took all of 2 1/2 hours to knit up.. that didn't include the crochet edging though. I think I want to experiment with the machine again.. maybe change my tensions when using different yarns. Oh and the miracle about this is.. the machine has been in the garage in the heat of many Florida summers and when I plugged it in.. IT WORKED!!






































What can I say.. I have knitting machine fever all of a sudden. I dug my light gauge machine out of the garage and took it apart and cleaned and oiled all of the 200 needles and set it up knit a few rows. It still knits very smoothly. I'm actually looking forward to learning to knit some socks on this. At one time I did know how to knit socks and Christmas stocking on the machine but that was so long ago I forgot how.. Hopefully soon I will be using up all my sock stash.. or at least some of it..

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

It IS magic! That's a really lovely wrap.

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

Thanks..this was my first try.. I hope to make more.. lots more..

Unknown said...

Adrienne- you are simply amazing! The wrap is beautiful. I am glad you are having so much fun. Enjoy you new (old) found love.