Pages

Saturday, December 26, 2009

catch up

Today I'm spending a quiet day connecting with family ... yesterday my brother passed away. It was a quiet and rather sad Christmas day. I had to notify some family members and we all talked about how my brother spent his last few years of life. Richard was a bright intelligent guy, involved in politics. He has had a few bad years .. where he had back problems.. surgery and a great loss of a loved one. But then he gained some lost relationships and was happy. I was able to visit with him again last week and it was good to see him even though his health was failing. I'm glad for that. He will always be in my heart.. I'm also keeping busy and making a few more presents ..a scarf and neck warmer for my Dad and Step mom. My daughter got me a shawl pin for Christmas and some fleece and my son got the game.. there were some other nice presents under the tree for me too.



4 comments:

Overanalyzer: said...

i am so sorry for your loss. i hope that you are able to let the happy memories outweigh the sadness. yvette / overanalyzer

inkberryblue said...

I'm sorry too. Sending you love and understanding. You, and your family, will be in my prayers.
x

Yuliana said...

Sorry for your loss. Sending you love and strength. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Bonnie said...

I'm thinking of you, and sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and be well.