Pages

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

new projects!!

 After finishing some kiddie knits I casted on some adult knitting projects. The first picture will be a gift for my son. Instead of a scarf he choose a cowl this year. The pattern is from Lion brand yarns called Cabled Cowl. The yarn is Wool of the Andes Tweed from Knitpicks. The yarn is really nice to work with and very soft. The whole project is very fun. I haven't knit cables in a long time and I just love how they look.

This next project is called Lacy Entrelac infinity scarf and it is from the knitpicks web site for a minimal price. This project isn't only fun to knit but addicting. When I picked the yarn out for this I pictured it looking very differently. The outside of the ball of yarn was very colorful but I started knitting with the end in the center and it's very dark almost black.. a lot of dark with just a few spots of jewel tones popping out here and there. The yarn is super soft lightly spun but has no spring. Even so the project is soft and lofty. 

 The ball of yarn fell apart already into a big mass of yarn so I rewound it into a ball. The colors totally remind me of a Night Elf from World of Warcraft hahah. I think I'm going to call this project The Night Elf cowl!!



No comments: