Pages

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

you snake in the grass!!!

Living in florida has it's ups and downs.. lots of sun.. when it's sunny.. it's very sunny here...we get lots of rain in rainy season and when we have a rain storm...well... it rains in torrents... I live right next to a small reserve which gives us some privacy... the bad part about that is there are rats in the reserve and then the snake that controls the rats.. looks like he is eating very well... this dude has to be around 4-5 feet long.. we didn't get close enough to measure.. and the camera was shaking and my bf said we had to tip toe or it would feel our vibrations and run away..I couldn't see in my camera because the sun was so bright.. and hence the bad pictures...anyway you can click on the picture for a larger view.. the end..(^_^)















3 comments:

Amanda said...

Wow that is a big snake! I am glad that I have not seen any that big yet.

Anonymous said...

I NEVER want to be anywhere near a snake like that!!! AAAAAH!

Natasha said...

If you ever see another snake like that in your yard, stay away. It's a venomous snake, and although they're good at keeping away the rats, they're not friendly to people. We get them in our neighborhood on occasion, and as long as you stay away from them, they won't bother you. Here's some more information on them in case you see one again.