Pages

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

results of a fun day spinning

 The results of my spinning fun yesterday. The top yarn is my first art type yarn. I used really aweful fleece to practice with. It looks pretty and soft but its scratcy and hard although it has a nice drape. I spun a thick and thin single first and then I plied it with a sequenced  polyester thread. This type of yarn is so fun. I really don't care what it looks like yet because it is so fun to make. I plan to continue to practice and graduate to my better fiber batts soon.
 This is a little spiral yarn that i spun from a roving I bought a while ago. This is merino, bamboo and nylon. I spun a thinner single and then plied it over different berroco sequence thread and a latter thread all silver and black. It had beautiful drape and shine.

1 comment:

Francis W said...

Greaat blog post