Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

wips of the week..

 Such cuties.. This is the latest picture I received of Cam and Abby. Hehe Cam is wearing a hat and scarf I made quite a few years ago. It is a Berroco free pattern made with Berroco Hip Hop yarn which has been discontinued quite a few years ago. I can't believe how big they are getting .. and so fast.
 My sock is progressing and still fun to knit. If you have been thinking about knitting this sock pattern you should do it. I have 2 more strips to knit on this sock and my ball of yarn is getting smaller and smaller. It's hard to tell if I will run a little short. If that is the case I'll make a solid color toe. I just happen to have a solid natural color ball of the Patons Kroy sock yarn. Perfect to go with my Patons Kroy stripes. Wish there was a way to knit a little pink heart on the toe. It would be so cute but, that would be annoying or irritating on your toes. I try to avoid any ends to tuck in around the toe area. Below is an inside view of the sock. I think this is the cutest sock I have ever knit.
 Friday I went to a knitting friends house for some wine and cheese and chit chat. She just got a new spinning wheel..she actually won it as a door prize at our Christmas party. Elaine was so generous to add that as a gift. Anyway, I helped her get the feel of spinning for the first time. In between I spun this lovely roving of merino, bamboo and nylon. It has a wonderful feel to it. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. A few ideas are spinning around in my head.. hehe.
 Last on the Wip list is this project. This was going to be a little chunky lace shrug, but I don't think this yarn is right for the pattern. I love this yarn and I think it will make a pretty chunky cowl instead. So this project is going to be frogged today before I knit anymore on it. Decision made.. bye bye shrug. 

No comments: