Pages

Thursday, October 04, 2007

yArN.... issues

I've have this yarn for almost 2 years. I bought it for a project but the gauge didn't work out quite right.. so I stuffed it in the closet and bought the yarn that the patterned called for which just happened to go on sale. This happens to be very nice yarn and I'm always on the look out for a pattern to use it.. and for some reason I always end up using something else.. well ... I'm going to try to use is again... This time for the cactus blossom seamless yoke sweater by Kate Jackson.. the pattern for this sweater is in the fall 2007 issue of knit scene magazine...I hope this attempt to use the yarn will be successful..





My fingerless mitts are finished... once I actually sat down to work on them .. they didn't take long at all... I made them a little longer than the pattern by one pattern repeat for more finger coverage.. These take very little yarn...I used bits left over from other projects and I can't believe that there is still yarn left over... I might make another set... the only color that I used up was the darkest red...I was hoping to use up all the yarn..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The mittens are beautiful! I really love the colors in them. Good luck on the sweater!

Anonymous said...

the mitts are beautiful, I'm actually considering backordering that issue so I could make a pair too !! :-P
Hope the yarn works out with that new pattern !