Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2006

VeNt..!!!!!!

















Well this is how my felted clutches turned out...I had heard somewhere through the grape vine of the knitting world that paton's classic merino wool did not shrink as well as other feltable wools.. and i have come to the conclusion that this is correct...BUT... i then put my soaking wet half felted clutches in the dryer to finish the proceess and.. checked them every few minutes until i was satisfied... the crochet clutch needed a bit more time than the knitted one.. and i feel i could have left it in the dryer a bit longer... they both are actually still wet today and i did this all yesterday...
I followed the directions for the crocheted clutch by not sewing it up before felting and.. i wont do that next time.. seems it would be better to sew it up first and let all the seems felt nicely together.. I will sew it up first before felting next time i make this..
















I am now at the half way point on my Li'l Monkey afghan from the Happy Hooker. I would have gotten a bit farther along yesterday .. but i had a machanic working on my car in the garage and was running back and forth.. only to find out many hours later (note..my car still isn't working) that my transmission was still good... >.<...
So what do u do when your car doesnt want to ever leave the garage again no matter how kind u are to it and no matter how many machanics think they know whats wrong with it and attempt to fix it..!!!! ( it must have heard my mind waves when i said it was a stupid car).... well this is what u do.. prepare for the worst and --->















hunt online for pretty patterns to work up while u listen to another machanic decide what is wrong with your car that u think will never run again but that your bf says is a good car don't get rid of it..`(~.~;):`... sigh.. i think ill go make a yummy cappuccino while i think of all the things i could have spent all that money on that i just sunk into my non running car..

4 comments:

Alison Waring said...

Ok. I'm extreeeemely lazy. Will you tell me the best place to find the Noni patterns? Thanks! You rock!

adrienne *+*(^_^) +*+ said...

i found the noni patterns at Yarnzilla.com... i looked some other places and they were sold out.. there are a few copies left... HURRY!!!
(^_^)

magKNITficent said...

The clutches look great, and I'm sorry about the big mess with your car

Unknown said...

Ewww I know all about putting $$ into a car-- just plunked $1000 on mine for an ac... ugh. The clutch came out cute and the blanket is going to rock!!!
~eve