Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2007

iT's A lOnG sToRy...

as I told u before I ran out of yarn on the last 3 rows of my shawl.. and then started dying more yarn.... I thought I had all the colors ( or flavors) that I needed but.. someone must have decided to drink them.. so I thought maybe i could make it work with what i had.. which was black cherry . orange and lemon.. pfft.. that was stupid..































so I went through the whole dying process and ...the results were pretty.. but just didn't work next to the shawl colors without the grape..
here it is... pretty but all wrong..
































so...yesterday we headed out to the LYS and I bought another ball of cascade 22o and today I'm doing the whole dye process over again.. this time I hit the grocery store and loaded up with all the flavors..( colors).. that I needed.... the results will be posted tomorrow..
this is the other purchase we made yesterday.. rowan kidsilk night.. it has little bits of glitter in it and will hopefully be a shawl to match the dress in the picture.. My daughter is going to wear the dress to a wedding next month...this yarn is beautiful and I've been looking at this yarn every time I visit the yarn shop..

















all that yarn shopping made us hungry.. and the smell drifting out of Pei Wei Asian diner smelled yummy.. if u haven't eaten there u should try it.. the food is as yummy as the smell.. it's in the same parking lot as AC Moore and Target on Colonial Dr.. one block east of the Barnes & Nobles that NYGK meets at ..
















well.. back to knitting socks.. I was listening to this.. and knit half a sock without knowing it.. (^_^)

2 comments:

Brena said...

That dress is beautiful, I really love the fabric.

Your menu made me drool thinking about shrimp fried rice. Thanks a ton... ;)

Yuliana said...

the dress is so beautiful!