Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

the brown bag

Here is the finished bag/purse.. made totally of recycled grocery bags. I think it took about the same amount of time to cut up all the bags and wind them into a ball .. as it did to crochet the bag. If u wanted to make a project using grocery bags.. I think the way to go about it would be to cut them and start making your bag-yarn as u get them and tuck it away until u have enough for your project. This way u don't have to cut a gazillion bags at one time... It is a great way to recycle your grocery bags though. Just think... a water proof bag.. maybe a crochet or knit rain hat.. a grocery bag crochet flower necklace.. or head band.. (I think the last might be a bit uncomfortable though).. I like the brown bags because they look like straw.. but if u can get bags of all different colors that would be fun stuff!!!


Nothing new in my knitting world today.. I'm working on old unfinished projects before I dive into the holiday knitting frenzy..


Movie report: I watched The Peaceful Warrior.. it was a bit abstract for me and I just couldn't get into it. It's in the mail heading back to netflix already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the bag looks great !!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! How very creative! A question. In what width did you cut the bags and how did you "twist" the yarn? Thanks for sharing your amazing project! Recycling ROCKS!Peace, Dee