Pages

Thursday, December 28, 2006

hAvE u HaD yOuR FiBeR toDaY... ?

Over the last few weeks.. I've been collecting some fiber with the thought in mind of doing some soothing spinning after the Christmas knitting gift crunch..
Fibers from left to right... 16oz. bamboo fiber... silver shetland wool roving...and the last was a surprise bag of charcoal gray super-wash merino wool fiber.. I bought all the fiber on ebay and am pleased with all of it..
















I squeezed in a few moments to spin up some of the super-wash.. it's so soft and fluffy.. I think I'm just going to make singles with this... I'm trying for a worsted weight yarn to knit up maybe a nice guy hat and scarf.. (more guy stuff).. so far so good..














my progress has been slow on my caplet.. and... the weather in Florida has been a little cooler the last few days so I'm trying to finish this today so I can wear it while it's still cold out.. (^_^)

1 comment:

YarnThing said...

I am so jelous that you spin. I really want to learn but I can't afford a spinning wheel right now. Maybe next year :-)

MarlyKnits